Place an order now: (415) 824-1177 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Maine Lobsters - Fresh and lively lobsters straight from New England - these guys are beloved by all shellfish enthusiasts for their sweet succulent meat! Sizing includes - 2 lbs, quarters (1.25lbs), halfs (1.5lbs), culls (1 lbs), and chix (1 lbs).
Royal Sweet Domestic Scallops - Sweet and delicious, these scallops will be the star of any menu - be sure to order them now while they are in season and readily available. Sizing (U-10 & 10-20 count) - ask about shells for plating, which we currently have in limited quantities!
Alaskan Halibut - The perfect fish for those who don't eat a lot of seafood - Alaskan Halibut is meaty, fresh, and holds up to many cooking methods and compliments all flavor profiles
Wild Alaskan King Salmon - These beautiful fishes are troll caught in the deep cold waters of Alaska. They're known for their deep red colored flesh and buttery flavor profile. For decades, we've enjoyed this fish taste whether cooked, smoked, or served raw. Alaskan King Salmon is in high demand and consumers will jump at any opportunity to eat this fish.
This Week's Featured Product
Fresh Soft Shell Crab
We are pleased to announce the start of the 2018 fresh Soft Shell crab season.
Fresh Soft Shell crab season typically starts in May and ends in late September. Soft Shell Crabs are in fact Blue Crabs and not a different specie of crab. When the crabs grow out of their hard shell, what's underneath is their new shell that is underdeveloped and soft. This is why they are called Soft Shell Crabs.
Our direct supplier of fresh Soft Shell Crabs hail from Chesapeake Bay Maryland and are very well known for some of the best quality blue crabs in the world. They do a great job at sending us only the freshest product available. Although they're in the most volatile stage in their life when their molting and even after a 6 hour flight, it's truly amazing that we will sometimes receive these crabs still alive. This is an absolute testament of the excellent job that they do.
Royal Hawaiian Seafood does not advertise these crabs as a live product. We sell them as fresh. As previously mentioned, these crabs are in the most volatile stage of their lives and guaranteeing them to be alive while they're in this state and being shipped across country is something that is very hard to do. Rather we will guarantee that your crabs will be fresh with no hint of any types of foul odor. You can expect your fresh crabs to have a shelf life of about 6 days if stored at around 36 degrees.
Fresh Soft Shell Crabs are sold a few different ways. Ordering them by the dozen is the most common method but they can also be ordered by the flat or by the tray. Sizing is determined by measuring the pointers from side to side on the body shell. Below are the sizes that we will be carrying along with how they're packed.
Hotels ( 4"-4.5") - 2 1/2 dozen flat, 5 dozen tray
Primes (4.5"-5") - 2 dozen flat, 4 dozen tray
Jumbos (5"-5.5") - 1 1/2 dozen flat, 3 dozen tray
Since this product is a highly perishable item, we highly recommend preorders as we will only bring in what we need to cover sales. Preorders are to be placed 72 hours prior to your desired delivery date. Please contact us if you are interested in placing a preorder or if you require any further information.
SOLD OUT OF:
Fresh Soft Shell Crabs
Special Order Items Available
(48 hrs notice)
Local Anchovies (great sub for Sardines since the fishery is closed until June 2018)
San Francisco, CA
Live Red Abalone
Special Order Items Available
(48 hrs notice)
Live Sea Urchin
Half Moon Bay, CA
Green = Seafood Watch Best Choice
Yellow = Seafood Watch Good Alternative
Blue = Marine Stewardship Council
Gray = Unranked - assessed by Royal Hawaiian as a sustainable option
In this week at RHS
Place an order now: (415) 824-1177
West Coast Finfish
- Mt. Lassen Trout | Farmed | California
- Fresh Black Cod | Wild | California
- Widow Rockfish | Wild | California
- Fresh Salmon | Wild | Alaska
- True Cod | Wild | Alaska
- Hiramasa | Farmed | Mexico
- Wild King Salmon | MSC | Alaska
- Wild Ivory King Salmon | MSC | Alaska
- Local Halibut | Wild | California
- Arctic Char | Farmed | Washington
- Sturgeon | Farmed | California
- Frozen J-Cut Black Cod | Wild | Alaska
- Rock Sole | Wild | Alaska
- Halibut | Wild | Alaska
- Halibut Cheeks | Wild | Alaska
West Coast Shellfish
- Live Spot Prawns | Wild | California
- Fresh Bay Shrimp | Wild | Oregon
- Mediterranean Mussels | Farmed | Washington
- Painted Lady Oysters | Farmed | Washington
- Shigoku Oysters | Farmed | Washington
- Kumamoto Gold Oysters | Farmed | California
- Kumiai Oysters | Farmed | Baja
- Marin Miyagi Oysters | Farmed | Tomales Bay, CA
- Live Farmed Red Abalones | Farmed | Santa Cruz
- Frozen King Crab Legs | Wild | AK
- Live Dungeness Crab | Wild | California
East Coast Finfish & Shellfish
- Amberjack | Wild | Florida
- Catfish | Farmed | Louisiana
- Monkfish Tails | Wild | MA
- Wild Stripe Bass | Wild | Virginia
- Chathum Blue Mussels | Farmed | MA
- Beau Soleil Oysters | Farmed | New Brunswick
- Pasta Gem Clams | Farmed | Florida
- Royal Sweet Scallops | Wild | MA
- Gulf Shrimp - Fresh 16/20 | Wild | Florida
- Live Maine Lobsters | Wild | Maine
Canada & Central/South America
- Mahi | Wild | Ecuador
- Corvina Bass | Wild | Ecuador
- Rockfish | Wild | BC Canada
- Verlasso Atlantic Salmon | Farmed | Chile
- Albacore Loins - Frozen | Wild | British Columbia
- Savory Clams | Farmed | British Columbia
- Denman Oysters | Farmed | British Columbia
- Pacu Ribs - Frozen | Farmed | Brazil
Hawaii, South Pacific, Japan, & Europe
- Fresh Kuaia Shrimp | Farmed | Hawaii
- Swordfish | Wild | Hawaii
- Kanpachi | Farmed | Hawaii
- Hand-line Ahi Tuna | Wild | Philippines
- Ora King Salmon | Farmed | New Zealand
- Akaroa King Salmon | Farmed | New Zealand
- Grouper | Wild | New Zealand
- Tai Snapper | Wild | New Zealand
- Loch Etive Steelhead | Farmed | Scotland
- Bronzino | Farmed | Turkey
- Sea Bream (Dorade) | Farmed | Turkey
- Hokkaido Scallops | Wild | Japan
- Tenderized Octopus - Frozen | Wild | Spain
- Yellowtail Jack | Wild | Mexico
- Salt Cod | MSC | Norway
- Chilean Sea Bass | MSC | Antarctica
- Tombo Tuna | MSC | Fiji
- Anchovies in Oil | Wild | Turkey
- Skull Island Prawns | Farmed | Australia
- Rock Shrimp | Wild | Mexico
Fresh Out of the Freezer
(delivered frozen or slacked out - allow 48 hours for thawing)
Skull Island Prawns - NZ
Shrimp - Florida
Rock Shrimp - Gulf of Mexico
Blue Prawns - U.S.A
IQF Kauai Shrimp - Hawaii
IQF Sardines - CA
IQF Un-cleaned Squid- CA
T&T Squid - China
Albacore - BC
31/35 Headless White Shrimp - FL
Wasabi Paste - CA
Chilean Sea Bass - U.K
King Crab Legs - Alaska
Alaskan Sand Dabs - AK
Arrowtooth - CA
Crayfish Tail Meat - U.S
Wild Alaskan King Salmon
- Due in for Thursday sales will be troll caught wild Alaskan King Salmon. This shipment will also include a small amount of Ivory King Salmon as well. Alaskan Kings are known for their deep red color of the flesh due to the diet of crustaceans while in the cold Alaskan waters. But about one in 20 – have white meat due to an inability to process these pigments in their food and the flesh is solid white. Many say that the Ivory Kings are oilier thus the flavor is better. Either way you go, it's a win win situation.
Fanny Bay & Kusshi Oyster
- There’s a PSP (paralytic shellfish poison) closure in the areas where Fanny Bay and Kusshi oysters are grown. It’s a naturally occurring algae bloom. They will be out of commission for a few weeks. Denman will be in its place of Fanny’s for the meantime while oysters such as Shigoku or Beau Soleils will serve as a great alternative for the Kusshi.
Live Maine Lobsters
- Prices continue to fall as availability gets stronger. Prices are down significantly from last week. It's a great time to showcase this item on your menus.
Hand-Line Local Halibut
- Fishing is starting to pick up at this time. The hand-line fish will command a higher price as these are day-boat fish brought to us literally hours out of our local waters. You will find that local halibut is much leaner than it's Alaskan counterpart. They'll much more suited for raw applications. Fish come in 5-10 lbs. each whole. Put this on the menu and tell your patrons that they are supporting our local community of fishermen and enjoy the freshness.
Mount Lassen Trout
- The farm has notified us that there will be production shortages effectively. Along with the production shortages, sizing on these farmed trout, will be small as well, with the current batch weighing between 1-3 pounds each, whole fish.
- Poor fishing weather is making fishing for local Rockfish and Petrale pretty difficult at this time. We were able to get Petrale fillets from the North Pacific and minimal amount of Rockfish from BC Canada. True Cod fillets, as well as rock sole fillets from Alaska are also available as an alternative.
Fresh Soft Shell Crabs
- We are all currently sold out in all sizes, with the next delivery date expected to be Tuesday June 6. As a friendly reminder, since the availability is always minimal during the first few weeks of the season, please call us and place your pre-order in as soon as possible, to get on the priority packing list.